Nick is two days from turning 6 months. I can't believe it! It seems so impossible!!!
At his 4 month appointment, he weighed in at 16.5 lbs, and 26 inches, placing him in the 95th and 90th percentile respectively. He has his 6 month check-up next week, and I'm betting he weighs well over 20lbs. Sometimes, Tim and I refer to him as "haus." I'm hoping he doesn't develop a complex,...we think being a big healthy baby is a good thing! :)
Nicholas can now usually be found rolling around the living room or jumping in his jumper. He absolutely LOVES his jumper. It entertains him for at least 30-45 minutes. He, of course, loves to be played with, but is so content with entertaining himself. He is teething now, chewing on anything he can grab with his chubby little baby hands. No teeth yet, though! His feet are pretty chubby too! They are too thick to fit into any shoes, so he's usually barefoot or wearing socks. This is hard because I want to buy all the cute shoes I see, but can't!
Life is much easier now with full nights of sleep...ahhh, finally! :) For the past month or so he's been sleeping around 10 hours a night. He usually goes to bed around 830 or 9, and gets up around 630 or 7....sometimes 8. It's been pretty easy...we just have to lay him down, turn on his lullaby toy and within a few minutes he's asleep. We've slowly eased cereal into his diet over the past month. We started with rice cereal every 2-3 days, then slowly worked into every day, and now for the past week he's been eating oatmeal twice a day. He seems to love the oatmeal...he makes a "yum" noise after every bite...super cute!
Nick continues to be the love of my life...and I can't say I'd want to change a single thing. I wish I could stay home with him every day, but I shouldn't complain because I am able to make my own work schedule, and still only have to work 3 days/week. Life is good...
I promise I'll do better about keeping up with the posts....here's some pics of the boy!




No comments:
Post a Comment