It's so hard to believe Nick is now 9 months. We went to his 9 month check up today and he has gained three pounds and grew 1 inch since his 6 month appt. I guess it's just not in his genes to be extremely tall -- with a mom that's 5'3" on a good day, and a dad that's 6', the odds are slim.
Nick has been crawling like crazy and getting into everything! This leads us to the word of the month: "No". I'm so hesitant to use this word, and I always try to say it nicely, as I dread the day I have a two year old who turns around and nastily screams "No!" at me. I know all of you mothers are probably laughing at me right now because you know it's going to happen no matter how "nice" I try to be about telling him no. I really thought I would be able to be pretty stern with him...but uh, no...I'm a big softie and so is Daddy. Houston, this could be a problem.....
Otherwise, we are just so entertained by our bubbly baby boy. He is the funniest human being I know!! He can now clap, wave, and babble endlessly. He also tries to comb his hair -- of course, he just pats the comb against his head, but he gets it....and he always looks so handsome afterwards. :)
I think I may finally be to the point where I can imagine having another one....not right now, of course....but one day. He just brings so much joy and purpose to my life...I'm just amazed. I was looking back at my blog, and saw pictures from the months of pregnant, and I am in disbelief of how quickly time has passed....and every day just gets better!
Hugs!
Courtney




No comments:
Post a Comment