Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

32 weeks...and counting!

Today, I had my 32 week appointment. I can't believe it...32 weeks and 3 days down, only a little over 7 weeks to go. Everything looked good at the appointment. I'm still measuring ahead of schedule...3 weeks ahead this time. I didn't gain any weight either, which was a little shocking since I feel so much bigger! Dr. Hurry ensured me that the baby will get what he needs from me, but said "I know this sounds funny, and you wouldn't expect me to say this, but try to eat more high-calorie foods." I know I had to look at her like she was crazy....but she said, "don't be worried to have that little bit of extra ice cream if you want it!" Well, that's all great, but ice cream doesn't even sound good to me. It's the frosted animal cookies that I'm so addicted to! For the most part, when it comes to food, I've been trying to be healthy. Of course, I've had my days where I've hit up Taco Bell and manage to spend $10 on just myself. As the weeks pass, though, it's getting harder and harder to fit as much food in my oh-so-smashed stomach.

So beside the food issue, I've also been experiencing lots of Braxton-Hicks contractions the past couple weeks. It's a pretty weird feeling actually :) Another new occurrence....baby hiccups! It's really neat, but I kinda feel bad for him. One day he had four episodes of hiccups. Hiccups make me miserable...I know it can't be any fun for him either. But, it's a good sign that baby is healthy and is getting ready to breathe on his own when he gets here!

I have my first baby shower this weekend with Tim's family. I'll post an update and pictures after that. Also, I'm hoping to get the nursery done within the next two weeks so hopefully I'll get pictures of that up, too. If not, I'll at least post some "in-progress" pics!

Love, Court

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE baby hiccups... but you're right~ I do start to feel sorry for him after awhile. I'm excited to see what you're coming up with in the nursery.... enjoy putting it all together. That's the most fun I've had since I've been pregnant. And the baby shower will be awesome. You two will love all the wonderful things you get.... and it's so nice to put it all away in his room. I've organized and re-organized Carter's room at least a dozen times!
    Wonder why my doctor didn't tell me to eat more ice cream?... you lucky thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...well I'm sure she wouldn't be happy if I went in for my next appointment and told her that I started adding ice cream to every meal :) I think she was just trying to tell me that I don't have to be SO careful about what I'm eating....nothing wrong with indulging every once in awhile! :)

    ReplyDelete