Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Whoa, Big Boy!

Since my 20 week appointment, I have been measuring 2 weeks larger. Well, to our surprise, when I went in for my 28 week visit I measured 5 weeks ahead....the size of a woman who is 32 weeks along! It was especially surprising since I didn't gain a single pound from the month before. So, Dr. Hurry (she's so wonderful:)) wanted to do an ultrasound just to make sure everything looked okay. The possibilities were that I had too much amniotic fluid or, in her words, I was just "brewing a big baby." Good news though...it seems he's just a big boy. His head circumference, length, arm/leg bones were all measuring to that of a baby 32 weeks of gestation. He's also weighing in at approximately 3.5 lbs....almost a pound more than the average! I didn't see Dr. Hurry today, but the ultrasound tech said sometimes babies just have growth spurts at different times. She thinks that maybe he just had an early growth spurt and from here on out he'll slow down and still be the size of your average baby by birth. We'll see what Dr. Hurry thinks on December 18th! Tim thinks it's all the Vitamin Water I'm drinking...it's true I'm addicted!!! :)

As excited as I was to get an ultrasound today, I was slightly disappointed because we didn't have our usual ultrasound tech. This tech rushed through the appointment and didn't take very clear pictures... Nonetheless, I was still so excited to see him!

This is a profile of the face. Some say he may be scratching his head....I say he's flexing that bicep!

This is the left foot...and it looks so much bigger than it did at 20 weeks! No wonder my ribs are always so sore. Some days I swear he's going to be the next Karate Kid.

This is a front view of the face...although it only really shows half of the face. It looks like he's got Tim's big Angelina lips!

That's all for now....as requested, I will try and post a belly pic this weekend :)

~Love, Courtney & The Big Boy

2 comments:

  1. awww I think they are good pictures

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey... love that you've started a blog! Your family will love it when baby boy beam is here and you can post updates and pictures of him. :)
    Looks like he's getting big! I have my 29 week appointment this afternoon... and I'm afraid to step on the scale... between Thanksgiving & my baby shower cake~ who knows what that horrible scale could report.
    I'll check back soon for that belly picture! I'm sure you're looking beautiful! ~ Jamie

    ReplyDelete