Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

38 week appointment

Well, I thought I would be getting checked for dilation today, but my dr. apparently only checks at 36 weeks and 39 weeks. So, looks like I'll be waiting another week to see if there's any progress. I know dilation doesn't really predict a date for labor, but I was looking forward to seeing if there was progress -- it would've given me the encouragement I need to keep going for the next couple of weeks!

Anyway, at 39 weeks she will also be stripping my membranes. It's a process where the doctor separates the amniotic membranes from the uterine wall. It's thought to release hormones that can help stimulate labor. It's not a sure fire way to get things going, but it's possible. She is also going to go ahead and schedule an induction date for after February 22nd, just in case I haven't went into labor by then. She joked that as soon as she schedules a date for induction, I'll end up going into labor on my own -- so get on the phone lady and put me on the schedule!!! :)

Overall,....pretty uneventful this week....now we just wait, and walk...lots of walking....

Hopefully my next post will say "He's here!"....so check back soon!

Love ya,
Court

2 comments:

  1. court, that is so great! but that membrain stretching things sounds sooooo painful!! i am so afraid to ask how that is done...so i hope that is not as bad as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck! I'm keeping you in my thoughts! I know how exhausted you are... I'm feeling it too. This 38th week is for the birds. :)
    Hopefully the membrane stripping will do more for you than it's done for me so far. I had mine done yesterday and nothing yet.... but I haven't been on my feet a lot today because they're terribly swollen!
    I'm going to the gym tomorrow to walk and do jumping jacks... maybe that'll do it.
    Keep in touch! I can't wait to see both of our babies!

    ReplyDelete