I had been looking forward to today's appointment, as I was supposed to be getting my membranes stripped. I had visions of going into labor within the next couple days thanks to the membrane stripping....but now those visions are gone! Errr!
Since Dr. Hurry only works Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and coincidentally my clinicals are on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week, I had to schedule my appointment today with Jen, the Nurse Practitioner. Last week, Dr. Hurry recommended membrane stripping, but since Dr. Hurry isn't at the hospital until tomorrow, Jen didn't feel comfortable doing the procedure today. And, then she proceeded to tell me that membrane stripping didn't work for her, and it only caused terrible pain. In my head I laughed and thought "yeah well being this pregnant and going to clinicals for the next 3 days is just as painful." I could've taken the pain of the membrane stripping at this point, believe me.....
Now, I may sound a little bitter....and I'll admit, I am. I had gotten my hopes up this past week thinking that even if it may not have worked, at least we were trying to get things going. If I were getting to stay home and relax on the couch for the next week, I'd be able to swallow this a lot easier....but, I'm not....I have to suck it up, put a smile on my face, and waddle myself to management clinicals.
Dr. Hurry has scheduled an induction date for February 25 at 6:30am, which I'm really hoping isn't necessary since I really don't want to HAVE to be induced (and also because it's another 8 days away). So, for now, I'm praying, walking, eating spicy foods, and driving over every bumpy road I can find to ensure I'll go into labor on my own...so wish me luck (and sanity) over the next week :)
Oh, and tonight, I'm trying Japanese food (recommended by my good friend, Mandy)....who would've thought?? Hopefully it works!
Be back to post soon!
Lots of love ~ Courtney
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




don't you find it ironic that our doctors name is dr hurry?? lol
ReplyDelete