Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

36 Week Appointment

I actually made it to my 36 week appointment even with 10 inches of snow on the ground! Thanks to my Step-dad and his big truck, I was able to make it all the way up to Clarian North! I had my Group B Strep test today - no big deal. If it comes back positive, then you just receive antibiotics once you go into labor. If it's negative, then no worries. But, more importantly I was checked for effacement, dilation, and station! I am 50% effaced, 2 cm (on the edge of 3 cm) dilated, and his head is at -1 station.

Most of you reading this probably know that you have to be 100% effaced and 10cm dilated to give birth. The station of the head ranges from -3 to +3. Once you reach a zero station, the head is officially "engaged." So, we're almost to 0!


Unfortunately, in the big picture, these measurements mean absolutely nothing (besides of course that my body is doing it's job). So, when will Baby Beam make his appearance?? Could be tomorrow or it could be February 22nd! We won't know until he gets here (I'm sure you can imagine how not knowing is driving the "planner" in me absolutely nuts!)


She also took a look at the ultrasound that I had last week and said that the amniotic fluid was in the "high" range of normal. Since it's still in the normal range, she said there's not much reason for concern. Other than that, everything else looked good!


So....here we are....at the last few weeks. I can't believe it! I'm so excited, nervous, scared, and so very unprepared! We have all the baby necessities, but I still have lots of clinical hours to put in, and lots of papers to write. It's going to be rough, but I'm sure it will be absolutely worth it!


Here's a 36 week belly picture....I don't think it can get any bigger....


No comments:

Post a Comment